Porcelain crowns are the closest to natural teeth. They are made from full-ceramic material or metal based ceramic. The material to be used is determined by the clinical requirements at hand; esthetic requirement, strength requirements, material durability and location. Getting a crown requires a minimum of 2 appointments, the first appointment involves trimming down the tooth, taking impression and placement of temporary crown. The impression taken will then be taken to our laboratory technician who will fabricate the crown. For the second visit, dentist will fit-in the permanent crown in place.
Benefits of Dental Crowns
- Prevent teeth from further weakening and breaking
- Restore fractured tooth
- Crown a dental implant
- Restore teeth with large holes when dental filling is no longer possible.
- Crown tooth that has undergone root canal treatment
- To form part of a dental bridge
- Improve appearance of discolored tooth
- Reshapes tooth